Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I've just spent the last wee while railing (ha ha - i'm a right comic) against the abysmal public transport that exists here in Scotland. I began to get a bug up my bahookie about this yesterday when I took the bus into Edinburgh (and back). It's possible to do this from just along the road rather than take the car to a train station but anyway. It also allows the individual to have a couple of drinks but it's not wise to have any more than two pints. I would also advise that you make sure that you evacuate that before you get on. As if you have a choice...

So the service is worse than crap but the actual journey is fine. Particulary if you have a good book (in this case, Popular Music by Mikael Neimi) and some music to listen to. Company would be OK too but most folks won't entertain it. Doubt if I will again as it happens either but it was an experiment. No animals (except me) were harmed in its being carried out.

I could really do with seeing the movie of this book again but a copy with English subtitles seems to be unobtainable.

Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, I've written curt messages to Transport Scotland, First Scotrail and also the Scottish Parliament Transport Minister. Woe betide each and every one if I get a form letter response. I have a feeling in my water (see how I brought that back to the pee thing) that this one could run and run (haw haw). My sides are aboot to split here... or are they?

No comments: