• NEW RELEASES!
• SHOW TIME - HEP SUMMERTIME BASHES
ARTHUR LEE - STAY AWAY/YOU I'LL BE FOLLOWING (Norton 7N7) Norton announces the release of never-issued 1965 pre-Love demos Stay Away by the American Four b/w You I’ll Be Following by the Grass Roots, two pre-Love combos that included Arthur Lee and on guitar, the great Johnny Echols. Johnny contributed boss interview notes to our 45 which boasts an insanely cool unknown photo of the American Four (sportin’ Beatle wigs). This limited first pressing is on wild marble colored wax- no two records the same- THEY COME IN COLORS that run a swirly rainbow gamut! These colored wax singles are available only at the tribute show or at the benefit website, with all proceeds going directly to Arthur.
NEW FROM NORTON: RELEASE DATE JULY 25:
THEE MIDNITERS - IN THEE MIDNITE HOUR!!! (Norton 315) Pounding 1964-67 East LA rock n ‘roll! First time ever collection of the original Whittier stompers n’ slammers- killer after killer of loud, tense, massively attitudinal teenage howlers! Dig the unstoppable assault of this legendary West Coast combo-- guaranteed to sprain yo’ brain! Instant party never had it so good! Whittier Blvd./Everybody Needs Somebody To Love/Jump, Jive And Harmonize/Gloria/Love Special Delivery/Thee Midnite Feeling/I Found A Peanut/Never Knew I Had It So Bad/Down Whittier Blvd.*/Empty Heart/Looking Out A Window/Do You Love Me*/Dragon-Fly*/Hey Little Girl (previously unissued)/Money/Welcome Home Darling/Devil With A Blue Dress/Good Golly Miss Molly*/Land Of A Thousand Dances (extended live version)/Down Whittier Blvd. (Godfrey vocal) *=CD only CD $12/LP $9
THE KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW FLIGHT 505/THE FLAKES STUPID GIRL (Norton 45-9653) Yes, the label with the able stable has finally landed the in-demand duo for our Rolling Stones trib series, in which we try to alert the inert public about the essential excellence of this relatively unknown English combo by having the hottest names in entertainment today interpret their bucolic chart bubblers. THE KING KHAN & BBQ SHOW's version of Flight 505 is flip-sided by the fabulous FLAKES rendition of the introspective Stupid Girl on this AFTERMATH twin spin ripper! $4 (Coming soon in the Rolling Stones 9600 Tribute Series: The Alarm Clocks/tba plus Black Lips/tba!)
THE U-TURNS - THE DEATH OF GARAGE ROCK (Norton EP-131) Celebrate the death of Garage Rock with the only band that matters! This four song unissued (you'll hear why!) tape of 1966 teenage hi jinx includes a truly demented 1:10 version of 7 And 7 Is, Dedicated Follower Of Fashion, Get Off My Cloud and a stunning take of the Beatles' I'm Down. Makes Green Fuz sound like Green Day! $4
SUMMERTIME AND THE LIVING IS GREASY!
MIND THE MAYHEM:
• July 27 -29 DOT DASH FESTIVAL Tom Dash’s annual weekender runs three big days at Brooklyn’s fab Southpaw nitery (125 5th Avenue, Park Slope Brooklyn). Norton icons (Midwest division) THE ALARM CLOCKS (Cleveland) and THE HENTCHMEN (Detroit) sock the Friday lineup, while old Ohio pals ROCKET FROM THE TOMBS and local geniuses THE LITTLE KILLERS topple the Saturday nite blasteroo!
• July 30 NORTON PRESENTS REIGNING SOUND AND THE A-BONES! Cap things off Sunday with a pre-dog day Union Pool dunker starring the Reigning Sound (only Northeast show!) and the A-Bones with boss deejays DAVE THE SPAZZ (WFMU) and ANDY THE MAZZ (LITTLE KILLERS) spinnin’ sevens all nite long! http://www.nortonrecords.com
• AUG 19 A-BONES/LITTLE KILLERS Saturday nite double-barrel blasteroo at Brooklyn’s most happenin’ hide-a-way MAGNETIC FIELD sets the block afire with a pair of Brooklyn combos headin’ up one heckuva maulin’ ball!
• OCT 14 NORTON ALL-STAR REVUE ATTACKS ESPANA! Help! Murder! Police! One night only…and only in Spain! Star-studded all night Valencia romp n’ stomp boasts Norton legends Andre Williams, the A-Bones and the Great Gaylord! This is a soopah exclusive and extremely greasy engagement-- one mad, mad night in Europa and then jet propelled back to Stateside hubs in Joliet, Brooklyn, and Jersey City, USA before they knew what clobbered ‘em! Whatta way to say OLE! Pre-show ravin’ rev-up bash on Friday the 13th celebrates the Norton label’s big 20th Anniversary with a record hop blasteroo to end all record hop blasteroos with Miriam and Billy blastin’ spinnables all nite long at the usual maximum voloom at 45 RPM! Book ya tix! This is the A-Bones stomp to Spain-- dig the Norton site for a foto of the A-Bones working hard during their last Valencia junket! Dig all the details at: http://www.funtasticdraculacarnival.com
Norton News In A Nutshell…. The ALARM CLOCKS official website is up, kiddios! Take the last train to Clocksville for up-to-the-minute Yeah gang knock-downs and goings-on at http://www.alarmclocksyeah.com …the guys have recorded nineteen superb songs in Detroit with Michigan mastermind Freddy Fortune at the wheel for their new Norton album… composed largely of fabulous Mike Pierce originals including anthems like Don’t Get Left Behind, More Money and It’s Been Too Long… also recorded is a knockout version of The Last Time for Norton’s Rolling Stones split single series. New York City will welcome the Alarm Clocks for their first show here ever on July 28 at the Southpaw… excitement is building like crazy for the recording for the first solo album by original Shangri-Las lead singer MARY WEISS, backed by the REIGNING SOUND, which begins on July 24. If you haven't checked our interview with Mary yet, DO IT, right now and not later, baby… it’s on our website… famed Las Vegas/Hollywood filmmaker RAY DENNIS STECKLER of RAT PFINK A BOO-BOO fame… will be feted this fall in his hometown of Reading, Pennsylvania where his films will be screened, along with his brand new autobiographical roadtrip feature, with all music by the A-BONES… speaking of film meisters, RUDY RAY MOORE has been hospitalized with a diabetes-related illness. The bad, bad Dolemite asked that we relay a thank you to his many concerned fans, adding, "Don’t nobody try to steal my crown. I was through with it before the others knew what to do with it!"… hep director DAN ROSE announces the release of WAYNE COUNTY RAMBLIN’ with a massive bevy of stars including Nortonians NATHANIEL MAYER, JEFF CONOLLY (Lyres), BILL PEITSCH (Church Keys), MICK COLLINS (Dirtbombs), CUB KODA (Del-Tinos) and JAMES OSTERBERG (Iguanas)… big release party June 24… http://www.waynecountyramblin.com/ …just in! Get ready to rip it up with a newly unearthed set of live SONICS circa 1965 featuring roarin’ deliveries of Busy Body, Tough Walk and Ooh Poo Pah Doo… Goodbye and RIP to A-Bones’ pal Freddy "Stinky" Kreiss of the Mad Daddys… roll on…http://www.nortonrecords.com