Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'm somewhat relieved to have heard from Amy Allison that her sister and family made it out of New Orleans. Less relieved to hear that no positive indication of Alex Chilton's managing to bodyswerve the catastrophe seems to be in evidence. Of course, the reportage is that the evacuation of the area is stepping up but the horror stories just keep on coming. This is an area that's as big as the whole UK that's been totalled! I just heard a report on the radio to the effect that what's left of the city will have to be flattened. The water damage on its own will result in toxic mould being present which would render structures unusable. Such an important cultural location has simply ceased to exist. All that history, all those people's lifetimes work snuffed out in a fingerclick. Fucking heartbreaking. Meanwhile Condie and Donut Rumsfield are going down there today and Wee Smirko tomorrow. That's not gonna do much for the old lady who's body was dumped at a door to that astrodome place though is it.

"The president is facing real problems over his handling of the situation". Well, well...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pissed at the Bush Addmin. too, but I can tell you it was the Democrat mayor and Governor that dropped the ball first; nola had an evacuation plan for the poor that was simply not acted on, and martial law wasn't declared fast enough.
But what do I know, I only lived in New Orleans for 35 years, and have family/friends down there;gloating euro-lefties like yourself I'm sure know the situation so much better....in other words:FUCK OFF!!!
myspace.com/barrygoubler

Lindsay Hutton said...

Who implied that they know the situation much better. "gloating euro-lefties"? What's your problem?? I'm interested im people not being left to rot. I have no idea what you know and your wee rant there isn't giving too much away either...

Anonymous said...

Lindsay - apparently your correspondent's 35 years of residency did not prepare him to accept the FACT that the gov. of LA declared an emergency on August 26 and requested federal assistance on August 27. Again, these are FACTS although the American right wing echo chamber has many believing that they are not.

Furthermore, your correspondent indulges in the Rovian tactic of deriding those who play "the blame game" while BLAMING the mayor and gov. of N.O. and LA.

Finally, no one--including Rove, Rush Limbaugh & your correspondent here--is blaming the governors of the Katrina devestated southern states of Alabama and Mississippi for anything. I'm sure it's a coincidence that both luminaries are Republicans.

Buzz Nutter, American 24/7/365

Anonymous said...

I'm blaming BOTH parties "buzz"; Bush's pulling the National Guard out of a disaster-prone state like La. and shipping them to Iraq was a recipe for disaster; I'm pissed at both sides; can your pea-brain understand that?
bgoubler@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry, no, don't understand as my "pea brain" resides several light years beyond the reptilian one that you seem to be employing when you claim that Bush pulled the national guard out of a disaster prone state . . .

Where'd you see that? On the cartoon channel?

So was martial law declared fast enough (August 27) or not? Maybe I should translate the question for you

bbgggh aha nghgdfk

Lindsay Hutton said...

Well Buzz, obviously you have a handle on things better than me. I'd love to be in a position to help "rebuild" his moms house. Just as I'd like to help friends who are in the same position out there. I feel that the "Euro" part is the real problem here. He also likes to type "fuck off" a lot. All I can think is perhaps "gloating" means something else out there. Just like the expression, "fanny" here. I'm entitled to my opinion Mr Goubler, as are you. Maybe you could channel those energies a bit better instead of typing "fuck off" all the time.