Saturday, July 23, 2005

Dunno if you've come across this James Blunt guy that's storming the UK charts. Good for you if you haven't. He's like a creepy cross-pollenation of Chris De Burgh and David Gray and almost makes Dido seem like Tina Turner. Well, to these ears, for this particularly insidious strain of terrorism, the closing theme from The Incredible Hulk TV show has been copped to sculpt what must be the most horrendous, sickly #1 single in a long time.

Hearing the opening coming from the other room, I thinks to myself - is the TV on? but no, this guy starts to squeal and I'm filled with horror. And so early in the day too. A shock like this could drive someone less balanced into doing something drastic. The whole fabricated "industry" which seems to surround him gives me the heebs and it almost makes a guy want to hear a Keane song. Steady, I qualify that with an "almost" now...

Anyway, there's a bizarre situation going down in Grungemooth town centre this am and I'm aff (a variation on off) to investigate. There could even be some pictures later today. Take that as a threat brought upon by the aforementioned trauma if you're so inclined.

No comments: