Monday, May 02, 2005

Some random bits now that bear conveyance...



The new album by Robbie Fulks will be out May 17th on Yep Roc. Not a moment too soon...

Mr Lahman reminds me that "I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys but just in case here's a heads up from Rexs' Fools Paradise on WMFU. A 2 hour tribute show to Hasil next Saturday evening (approx 10pm our time) with lots of tracks and lots of mystery guests (whatever that means)".

I think those will include Billy and Miriam, Nick Tosches and others. Should be a belter. WFMU link in the sidebar there and please think about donating some moolah while you listen.

Monorail Music in Glasgow has the JANDEK in GLASGOW cd on sale now. The new release by the man of mystery who actually showed up AND played at The Arches last year. It's out on Corwood, anybody who wants one should gimme a holler and I'll hook you up. And talking about Scottish only availability, those who didn't roll uo for the TFC freebie in yesterday's Scotland On Sunday really missed out on a cracking little ep that underlines the power of this group in the pop firmament. More after I've been to the shop...

No comments: