Sunday, June 06, 2004

Went out tonight to see the Ponys here in town. I'd passed on their LP, considerin' it too new wave-ish, but I gotta say that in a live setting they were actually pretty good. They've got a strong 1977-NYC-Talking Heads-Television-Richard Hell kinda vibe goin' which is fine by me, in fact I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd included 'That's All I Know Right Now' in their set. Only complaint was the long freak-out thing they choose to close with. Heck, I would really apreciate it if bands would can this shit in the future. I mean; why bother?.
Truth be told: main reason for goin' out was support band the Sack-O'-Woes, who I've been eager to see for some time now, but shoot me if I didn't arrive late into their set and only caught a couple of their songs. My loss obviously, 'cause these guys do a real straight forward punk thing and do it good. Their recent 10" is proof positive of just that. These guys deserve your support, and believe you me, next time they're playin' 'round here, I'll make sure to be there on time.
(Dutch readers might wanna check Sack-O'-Woes mainman Niels' fanzine 'I Hate Music', available right here).

No comments: