Sunday, April 18, 2004

I'm having a little trouble with the "Travis Bickle" in me. I've often been ready to snap but can't recall it ever being as bad as this. Not in a long, long while anyway. The logistical day to day operations are further hampered by the post office alleging to get "effcient" on our ass by making one delivery per day and shutting the collection office in the afternoon. In addition, they're eroding the morale of their staff and consigning a once flagship system to the dumper along with their service. I know that elsewhere, particularly in the US - people will say so what's wrong with that? It's like the hamburger to steak analogy, I dunno what that'd translate into for veggies but work with me on this willya? Another "institution", the trains now have to contend with barriers at the Glasgow and Edinburgh stations and that means that the already overcrowded, under-carriaged trains take longer to unload their cargo into the station. These London-style ticket barriers can't clear the folk like their English cousins and it's snarl up city. Nothing is easy, nothing flows and I can't be arsed with it. Things used to be better (didn't they?). Back when the scum hadn't seemed to have inherited the earth and infected every fibre of our being. Everything is so undernourished. I don't want to be a person like other people. I reserve the right not to have my back pissed up under the auspices that it might be raining and I won't. This may mean that soon, I never leave the house again but that doesn't sound too bad to me let me tell ya. I'm fast approaching the advanced "shut-in" stage and the thought divnae fill me with dread.

No comments: