Friday, July 29, 2005


Not sure how things are on your end, but over here the festival season is in full swing. I have no idea how many of these things are on this summer, but it seems that even the tiniest dot on the map has it's own fest these days. God knows why people still bother; either you're up to your knees in mud or you get burned alive in the sun. And lets not forget the (overpriced) stale beer, hamburger stench, waiting in line just to take a pee, ugly tattoos, ugly hairdos and ugly people ("non-conformist, just like everybody else"). That, and the wind blowing off the sound of your favorite band in just the opposite direction of where you're standing. Gimme a small place that has trouble gettin' a crowd that numbers above three figures any day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Festivals are for hippies! Yuck!

Lindsay Hutton said...

J, you forgot to mention the ugly music. And not ugly in the cool vernacular. I think that countries like Spain have enclaves with exciting Festival action. Any fest that includes The A-Bones and The Blasters for example has to be blessed. But y'see, in those countries people care. Here in the UK festivals sell out before the bill is announced. Now, call me old-fashioned but that's just plain sick.

Christopher Stigliano said...

Hey Lindsay, aren't you glad I didn't make any comments about whether or not that was you in that picture? I'll bet you're thrilled I didn't make any wizecrax about you needing a bra or sumpin' like that. Boy, I coulda make a whole lotta funnies on this posting but I won't cuz yer such a nice guy 'n I like you in my own corny way. (Just don't turn the tables'n say how the guy in question looks a lot like humble ol' ME, pleeze!!!!

Lindsay Hutton said...

Hey Chris, what can I tell ya? I'm counting those blessings alright. I told J, don't use my picture, somebody will recognise me. They'll make tit jokes, all that stuff. But, there obviously is some kinda god and I've been spared. My cup(s) overfloweth!

Jeroen Vedder said...

Lindsay is right of course. There are cool festivals. These generally take place indoors and attract only modest crowds.
And yep, maybe we all should consider moving to Spain, it seems like the only place where people still care about the good stuff. That and the cheaper food 'n wine plus more agreeable weather conditions...

Oh, and Chris, that's me in the pic, not Lindsay. It was taken a while ago after I tried to read the latest issue of BTC in one sittin' . That's what two months of junk food can do to a person...

Christopher Stigliano said...

Well, at least you didn't throw up like most people...

Anonymous said...

If that's Jereon he has tripled in size over the last month.

Lindsay Hutton said...

I think he hire one of those Austin Powers "Fat Bastard" suits specially for the occasion.