Sunday, March 06, 2005

It all started off with a seemingly harmless slice of Ramonophonic abandon on the Rock and Roll Disease set where they trounced the competition easily. How was I to know that the song, “I Don’t Wanna Go To The Party” would lead to my becoming a full blown Spazzy addict in such a short space of time? Their album Aloha! Go Bananas on the Fur imprint is just about as infectious a short sharp set as I’ve heard since The Boonaraaas. Recorded big and loud and blowing a raspberry in the direction of anybody that isn’t captivated by its spell. This Aussie lass 3-piece has picked up the baton dropped by The Eastern Dark and they’re gonna shimmy all the way to the finish line. THE SPAZZYS would get top grades in the R&R High School for their crisp line in 1-2-3-4 abandon. What's not to like about a band that closes their album with the gloriously stupid statement of intent that is "I Wanna Cut My Hair Like Marky Ramone"?

No comments: