Wednesday, June 22, 2016

TOE-KNEE WRITES!




Saw a couple of barbs about the individual that penned this "fan letter" on the facedog. Sounded like he was conducting himself as per usual but by way of light relief, i thought I'd dust off this chestnut. I sent a copy of NBT to NME and it was returned torn up with this threatening diatribe. I guess I hit a nerve. His true colour was evident even then in the shitslinging days. Wish I'd kept the whole package. I could have hired it out to a punk rock exhibit in the portals where it was once villified. The punk rock that is. On IPC letterheaded paper but I don't think he was speaking for the company. For an added dimension, I imagine this thin-skinned charlatan reciting it in his comedy English twang. What a gift. The boy looked at ToeKnee, shook his head and kept walking.

2 comments:

Christopher Stigliano said...

I've always wondered...what was it in your magazine that ticked Mr. Burchill off to this point? True he was a general effete twat about most things in his existence, but well...just curious.

Lindsay Hutton said...

Hey Chris... I can't recall exactly. I should have a look. But I really wish I'd kept the artefact intact. That never occurred to me til much later.