Friday, April 08, 2011
A special album from Scotland for Japan will be released via bandcamp on April 11th.
'Love Letter To Japan' has been specially compiled by Duglas T Stewart to raise funds for the Japanese relief effort and to send support to the people of Japan. The album will be exclusively available for one month only. The tracks come from a wide range of acclaimed Scottish musicians.
"Many of us Scottish musicians have received so much love and support over the years from friends and fans in Japan. Now we want to send some love and support back to the people of Japan" Duglas.
The album features exclusive, previously unreleased tracks from BAFTA and Golden Globe winning composer Craig Armstrong, Stevie Jackson of Belle & Sebastian, BMX Bandits, Bill Wells, The Pearlfishers, The Pastels, Snowgoose, Alasdair Roberts, Paul Quinn, The Starlets and Eugenius. The Eugenius track will be their first new recording to be released in 15 years. BMX Bandits tracks was recorded in Tokyo with Japanese group Tenniscoats. Momus currently lives in Japan and was there when the earthquake and tsunami hit the country.
All funds from the release go directly to The Japanese Relief Effort.
1. Snowgoose: Harmony Springs
2. The Pastels: The Pastels: Guest of Honour
3. Hidden Masters: Golden Hair
4. Stevie Jackson: Price of an Education
5. Paul Quinn: Away
6. BMX Bandits (with Yeongene & Tenniscoats): Standing Still
7. Eugenius: Friend or Foe
8. The Pearlfishers: Swan Dreams (live)
9. Bill Wells & Tape: Troublesome Malady
10. Ally Kerr: Could Have Been a Contender
11. Lenzie Moss: Where Eagles Dare
12. St. Deluxe: After the Fire
13. Jo Mango: The Moth and the Moon
14. Alasdair Roberts & Mairi Morrison: Bràdhagair an Taobh Siar
15. Randolph's Leap: Going Home
16. Craig Armstrong: Cherry Blossom
17. The Starlets (with The Andersens): To Make You Feel Brand New
18. Momus: I Can See Japan
Available from: http://lovelettertojapan.bandcamp.com/
For more info please email email@example.com