Sunday, January 04, 2009

Join me in an experiment? Indulge an old timer to try and stick one to the smoke and mirrors merchants that are desperately clinging to some outmoded belief that there is a record industry. There is a music industry but that’s different and there are successful exponents of that who love music and buck the trends. Here's where we gird our collective loins and join those individuals who will see to it that there is a future in some way or another.

This experiment will set you back 79p. About 14 shillings and 20 old pence in pre-decimal currency by my reckoning, not even a flipping euro. It would be cool if you’d click on this link. While you’re doing so it is perfectly acceptable to yell or whisper (your choice) – I don’t want any of your goddamn versions of “Hallelujah”. No – I want to rock. The link takes you to The Rezillos "No.1 Boy" and if enough of us do this then we’ll get more. You can do this from anywhere on the planet and from outwith I believe.

I’ve no idea why it’s not on iTunes and I know a bunch of you use that but it’s not so we have to relieve ourselves using the appendage we’ve been graced with if you dig? It might even make a 7” single version possible somewhere down the line and you KNOW you want one of those…

Update @ 4pm: The single will be available on iTunes on the day of release but it would be cool if you could just get past the modernity of all this and just spring for the pre-order. It's all part of the experiment so get that old lab-coat out of mothballs and let's put the wind up the blighters. I don't ask for much and maybe it'll all fall on it's arse but It's worth a tumble methinks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here they are doing it in Edinburgh the other week, great gig, although the sound in the Picture house ranges from okay at the front to terrible anywhere else - I was there recording the support band Sellotape (and would've done my pals nanobots too if I'd made it in on time) and the sound at the desk was pretty pish, luckily the recording I got from the desk was great - better than you could hear anywhere in the place although I didnt venture up to the balcony. Its a better place to see bands than the liquid rooms as the visibility is great everywhere but not to hear bands as the sound is so dependent on where you are standing

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NlCMU3bCPHg

I made it through to Dunfermline as well,another funny room but the sound at the front was great

elhombremalo said...

right you are chief, signed up to download. I'd prefer it on 7" black vinyl though, to sit alongside Destination Venus and all the rest of the crackly gems