Sunday, August 03, 2008

Still pondering the schlep into Edinburgh to ultimately catch Uncle Lou's "Berlin". If I get there for noon, I could catch that Will Oldham movie "Old Joy" with the fab "Junebug" on a double bill. I'm not a BPB fan but I am curious about his acting ability. So we'll see. I just discovered that "Fringe Sunday" is next weekend so Auld Reekie will just be unbearable as opposed to completely chuffing stowed.

What I really want is one of these smog machines that can turn my front room into a microcosm of the impending Olympics. If ever there was an irrelevant, bullshit event in these days of cheating, coniving and generally having no concept of fair play then this must be it. I hope the Chinese stop all means of getting information to us so I won't have to put up with it.

4 comments:

Rich said...

call me cranky if u want 2, but i'm with our NBT chief on the olympix thing.

Anonymous said...

And while we're at it, I wish the French had got the 2012 Olympics. A huge area of land has been turned over to this enterprise, small businesses in East London have been shifted or closed down, as well as people's homes, parks, allotments, etc. Now the area is fenced off - and what's on the fences? Coca Cola logos amongst others. These companies are named as "Corporate Sponsors" - Corporate Profiteers would be more like it. The whole event is designed to profit the rich, and to hell with the poor.

Lindsay Hutton said...

but it's gonna bring us all together man!... just kidding.
The people responsible for all this are not the kind I have any truck with on any level no way no how. Greedy, coniving bastards we call then hereabouts.

Lindsay Hutton said...

or, er them rather..