Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bloody June 1st already? I must be getting old because time is verily racing by. Time is a precious commodity and it’s at a premium around here. It’s practically a week since Mary Lee’s Corvette was here and if you’re here in the UK, the shows are all over. You missed a rare old treat. Smash Palace did a great job of delivering a twang-tastic backdrop to let the material fly the way it does on record. Mayhap because Stephen Butler was heavily involved in harnessing what has become Love Loss and Lunacy. Anyway, hopefully it won’t be too long before the ‘vette can shoot back this way again. Check the MLC site for details of Stateside shows to celebrate the domestic release. This includes a schlep out west with Eric Ambel and the Roscoe Trio. If there’s somewhere I’d like to be tonight then that’d be Llubljana. Limbering up for an appearance by HQ favourites, The Bambi Molesters. I’m practicing my astral travelling in the vague hope that I can leave my earthly shackles and scoot over there but I’m fairly certain that I’ll have to make do with watching the dvd documentary at home. One of these days though, one of these days…

No comments: