Saturday, August 06, 2005


Mike McEchron does a steller job with his Cramps campaigning and has just put up a great page of Cramps T-shirt designs. Wish I had photos of some of the old LOTC shirts but unfortunately tis not to be. What about any of you folks? I know I have a pic of a youthful David Alvin Esq. sporting one but the lord only knows where that is. When Mike isn't working his fingers to the bone, he's hepping us to stuff like Tom Heinl who is like a cross between combo period Ben Vaughn and Homer Henderson. Yep that reads very good indeed and he's opening for Holly Golightly on her US tour. While I chase up his album go listen to the tunes on his site. (Thanks for the tip Mike).

David Muxlow just got back from seeing The 5678's, with an opening band called NAKED RUBY that he reckons you folks would like.

And last (but by no means least), Mrs Stim sent me this link which appeals to my puerile sweary = funny base instinct. It is NOT work friendly and may cause offense. Maybe she was trying to tell me something?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Lindsay!

When you say David Alvin, do you mean Dave Alvin of the Blasters or is there another one? I'd love to see any pics of the old LOTC shirts!

Tom Heinl is different that's for sure. The guys in Holly's band sure liked him. I didn't get to speak to Holly this time around, but she was fantastic! Some pics of Holly from the show: http://www.rockndog.com/Holly/Holly.htm The ones I took of Tom Heinl didn't turn out...

Anonymous said...

Dear Lindsay,
Thanks for this resource, now linked on my garage blog at http://www.20six.co.uk/largetrousers.

Mike - if you're watching - nice collection !

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your posts.