Monday, May 02, 2005

So yeah, there's some kind of election or something going on this Thursday or something, right? Events of recent times have left me a bit shellshocked to be honest and a direct result of that is not being able to take a trip to London to see The Hacienda Brothers and Dave Alvin and The Guilty Men. These fine artists are at the Borderline on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively and I'd urge you to catch them if you can. They'll improve your mood for as long as you're in their company.

I've been giving a lot of thought to what I could actually do if the balloon of unemployment went up. In many ways I'm unemployable, though I've a wealth of "experience" I've only worked at the one place since I left school. This is considered as retardation by the "go-getters" who've had more jobs than I've had hot dinners (and I've put those away let me tell ya!). Anyways it's time to clock the bigger picture... maybe sometime as a "mature" (that's old, not stinky) student? Certainly getting to grips with some new technology, maybe the night shift stacking shelves in Tesco... Just so long as I can keep things going in the manner we've come to expect. It is a relief not to have to do this right away but any complacency cobwebs have been blown clean away. I'm ready and I'm flexible. Resourceful and not about to roll over and tug the ol' forelock just yet.

So cast your vote tactically this coming Thursday, if you don't make your cross then you can't complain. Our friends overseas will be watching to see what happens in this soap opera that is living in the US of K, circa May 2005. Never mind, Southern Culture On The Skids will be here to save our souls V. soon!

No comments: