Monday, April 04, 2005

Well, I could get used to this. No drive to work, just a wee stroll to the post office and the shops. In and around this I've been trying to do a little promo work on my fathers album of pipe music. This an alien genre to me but a necessary facet of punting "the product". This type of music is even more cut-throat than yer average rock, pop, whatever. It seems to exist on the back of labels that press hundreds upon thousands of cds and sell them to shops for less than 2 quid a pop. We can't compete with that so an alternative means of shifting these units may have to be employed. It's early days though and an infinitley preferable task to that which your man here normally has to undertake. I can do all this to the soundtrack of a Napoleon XIV album which includes the originals, answer records and foreign language versions of "They're Coming To take Me Away". More about this, on the Vampire imprint, in due course.

No comments: