Sunday, January 16, 2005


It all adds up...

Just yesterday, after my pal Jos 'n me spend half the day at one of those big fleamarket type of events, I was spinning some Joan Jett 45s I picked up there, 'n was kinda amazed at how well they were produced; powerful and commercial, plus we're talkin' 80s here, so this is no mean feat. "Kenny Laguna" is what I told Alice after she shared my opinion on the production end (tho' she's sadly hardly ever impressed by my knowledge of names 'n facts in these cases). Anyways, I gave the guy's name a spin at Google, and boy, was I ever impressed with the results. Not only was he responsible for those great Joan Jett discs, but his credits also included the Barracudas' Summer Fun and Susan's Day by Dutch powerpop legends the Rousers. And Check the "bands played in" section: Tommy James and the Shondels, Music Explosion, 1910 Fruitgum Co., Ohio Express, Archies, Derek, Shadows of Knight, Kazenetz-Katz Orchestral Circus, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Darlene Love and The Blossoms. How's about that for a cool CV?. Read all about it (and more) here.

No comments: